Educational Theatre Design and Marketing
THEATER MATINEE SERIES DESIGN & MARKETING
A Theatre Matinee Series is an excellent way to expose students of all grade levels to live theatre, and to utilize a theatre venue or even high school auditorium or performing arts center during the day as a profitable venture for the business or school.
CATON EVENTS, with twenty-five years of experience in marketing theatre arts to education, are specialists in securing curriculum coordinated student shows and marketing to a venue’s surrounding school community - creating a series that will enrich students, teachers and the venue!
Joan offers to Matinee Series clients:
• Successful show negotiation with East coast children’s theatre touring companies.
• Knowledge of local school theatre shows and their subject alignment with the curriculum.
• Design and writing of effective direct mail pieces for distribution to schools.
• Exhibit marketing for Theatre Matinee Series and educator conferences.
• Personal Marketing to schools and educators.
• Participating schools registration and communication.
• Three years successful School Matinee Series at Rialto Square Theatre in Joliet, Illinois (Usual audiences of 1200 or more for Rialto’s 1920 seat house)
• Five years successful School Matinee Series at Genesee Theatre in Waukegan, IL (Usual audiences of 900-1200 for Genesee’s 2000 seat house).